This blog post is for folks who’ve been with Nirvana since the early days of development.
Today is the last day to convert your account to Nirvana Plus for $29/year !
Be sure to login to your account and go Plus for uninterrupted service. Otherwise your account will be converted to Nirvana Basic tomorrow — which means that while you will still have access to all of your data, and you will still be able to create and edit tasks, you may not be able to create new projects (if you are over the Nirvana Basic limits).
Here is the support article that describes all of this in detail.
Please consider upgrading right now!
The Nirvana iPhone app has been submitted to the AppStore for review … and so now we wait for Apple to approve. Fingers crossed! Major props to Mitch, our mobile lead, for getting this done (and for putting up with yours truly’s perfectionist streak), and to all of the beta testers who gave invaluable feedback along the way.
We’ll post an announcement once the app becomes available for download. :-)
N2 Build 457 went live moments ago. And in our never-ending quest to create the most enjoyable and useful app known to GTDkind, Nirvana’s got some new tricks!
Create new tasks at the TOP of a list
- via hot key combo Shift + N
- via rapid entry field with Shift + Enter
Create new tasks in the MIDDLE of a list
- by Shift + Clicking on an existing task’s drag-handle (or any whitespace)
a new task will be inserted just above the one clicked
In addition, there were a host of bug fixes which you can read about over here.
Happy weekly-reviewing everyone.
We just updated our SSL certificates. But because Nirvana uses html5 offline caching, and because Chrome (erroneously) caches SSL credentials, we needed to trigger a cache refresh from our servers. You will see the “Nirvana has been updated… please reload!” message. Reload and all will be good.
(There wasn’t really an update, but this was the best way to get everyone’s offline cache up to date)
Note to Safari users: sorry you got caught up in this workaround for Chrome… there really was no need to refresh your cache, but we didn’t have a way to target only the Chrome users. Oh the internets…
We’ve been heads down for a few weeks getting the iPhone (iPod) app ready for prime time. We’ve had more than a few inquiries as to why the silence on the blog. We tend to congregate over on the discussion forums and twitter, only to neglect our lovely blog here. Our bad.
So, here’s what we’ve been working on:
- Polishing up the iPhone app for App Store approval
- Begin porting the work we’ve done for iPhone app to Android
- Mobile web app overhaul for compatibility with more devices (win, bb)
- Preliminary work on iPad app
- Preliminary work on getting references lists into the app
- Migrating support to Zendesk (a better system for our current needs)
- Integrating with Chargify for simple monthly/annual subscription plans
- Incorporating Nirvanahq, Inc as a separate entity from PLU Communications, Inc for cleaner accounting vis-a-vis Chargify
- Setting up our new merchant account for billing (dependency: Nirvanahq, Inc)
- Resurrecting our Facebook presence
- Looking into alternate sign-in for users via google, facebook, twitter
- Updating our on-ramp experience… getting started video needs to be re-done, faqs need updating etc.
We also quietly removed the need for invite codes last month, effectively making Nirvana open-signup, and have almost doubled our active user-base since that time.
We’re almost there, we’re almost there…