We’re happy to announce that we’ve created a new forum for hanging out and discussing all things nirvana, gtd, life/work balance and more.
Think of the new forums as the local pub/cafe where Nirvana fans and the Nirvana team come to hang out and chat, exchange ideas, ponder the state of the world, discuss both deep and frivolous topics, and occasionally blow off some steam. A lot of product ideas get hatched here. Sound like fun? Come join us!
N2 Build 457 went live moments ago. And in our never-ending quest to create the most enjoyable and useful app known to GTDkind, Nirvana’s got some new tricks!
Create new tasks at the TOP of a list
- via hot key combo Shift + N
- via rapid entry field with Shift + Enter
Create new tasks in the MIDDLE of a list
- by Shift + Clicking on an existing task’s drag-handle (or any whitespace)
a new task will be inserted just above the one clicked
In addition, there were a host of bug fixes which you can read about over here.
Happy weekly-reviewing everyone.
We just updated our SSL certificates. But because Nirvana uses html5 offline caching, and because Chrome (erroneously) caches SSL credentials, we needed to trigger a cache refresh from our servers. You will see the “Nirvana has been updated… please reload!” message. Reload and all will be good.
(There wasn’t really an update, but this was the best way to get everyone’s offline cache up to date)
Note to Safari users: sorry you got caught up in this workaround for Chrome… there really was no need to refresh your cache, but we didn’t have a way to target only the Chrome users. Oh the internets…
We’ve been heads down for a few weeks getting the iPhone (iPod) app ready for prime time. We’ve had more than a few inquiries as to why the silence on the blog. We tend to congregate over on the discussion forums and twitter, only to neglect our lovely blog here. Our bad.
So, here’s what we’ve been working on:
- Polishing up the iPhone app for App Store approval
- Begin porting the work we’ve done for iPhone app to Android
- Mobile web app overhaul for compatibility with more devices (win, bb)
- Preliminary work on iPad app
- Preliminary work on getting references lists into the app
- Migrating support to Zendesk (a better system for our current needs)
- Integrating with Chargify for simple monthly/annual subscription plans
- Incorporating Nirvanahq, Inc as a separate entity from PLU Communications, Inc for cleaner accounting vis-a-vis Chargify
- Setting up our new merchant account for billing (dependency: Nirvanahq, Inc)
- Resurrecting our Facebook presence
- Looking into alternate sign-in for users via google, facebook, twitter
- Updating our on-ramp experience… getting started video needs to be re-done, faqs need updating etc.
We also quietly removed the need for invite codes last month, effectively making Nirvana open-signup, and have almost doubled our active user-base since that time.
We’re almost there, we’re almost there…
N2 Build 389 brings some minor but nifty additions.
- Links to evernote:// within task notes are now clickable
- Added some more font choices (calibri, tahoma, verdana…)
N2 Build 390 fixes a bug that was introduced in Build 389 where changes made on one device was not being reflected in the UI of other devices. Changes were being posted to the cloud just fine, but we’d botched the timestamp persistence in the local cache so changes from the cloud were sometimes being ignored.
NOTE: you must logout and then login for the Build 390 fix to take effect. (Local cache gets cleared on logout, and then rebuilt on login.)
QUICK FIX: N2 Build 391 fixes a rare edge case where a repeating task could yield spawned tasks named (untitled) on save … also related to timestampage that we missed in build 390.