A Special Offer for Early Adopters

This blog post is an announcement for folks who’ve been with Nirvana since the early days of development. We wanted to let you know that after 3 years of burning the midnight oil, Nirvana has finally launched!

On July 22, 2012 we stopped referring to Nirvana as “beta”, began charging for the service (for new users), and made the transition from being a bootstrapped startup into a sustainable business.

As a special thanks for sticking with us during development, the full-featured Nirvana will remain free for you for a little while longer, but we’d like to encourage you to consider becoming a paying subscriber.

We’ve priced Nirvana at $5 per month, or for a limited time you can lock-in an annual subscription for $29 per year.

We hope you find this a reasonable sum. Paying for the service will help us to keep things fast and responsive, develop new features, and make getting things done with Nirvana even more fun and delightful.

If you’d like to take advantage of the special $29 offer, learn more about these changes, vent or ask us questions. please visit this page over in Nirvana Support.

Sincerely yours,

~ The Nirvana Team

Comments

47 Comments on A Special Offer for Early Adopters

1. Flokass on Tue, 21st Aug 2012 6:58 pm
  2. I’d like to use Nirvana (and pay for it) but I need an Android App! Otherwiese I can’t use Nirvana.

Can I still purchase Nirvana Pro using the 29$ offer at the date on which the Android app appears?

When the Android app will be released?

3. Tom on Tue, 21st Aug 2012 11:10 pm
  4. Paid as soon as I noticed that I could!

Even without the android app Nirvana is still king! But it will be even better when it’s out :P

Thanks for the awesome service!

5. Relevart on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 4:03 am
  6. Still waiting on PayPal :) Hope you guys make it available before Aug 31.

7. Jon Klein on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 4:14 am
  8. Already upgraded. Now give me my Android App :).

9. Danger on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 4:22 am
  10. Is the paypal payment method still coming out before the discount deadline?

11. Stephen on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 4:47 am
  12. I am the same as the first poster. As soon as I have an Android app, even a beta one, count me in. I am still limping along with MLO. I need Nirvana to be successful. It really is the only fully GTD solution for Android/Windows users. Any idea how far away the Android Beta client is?

13. Richard on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 8:51 am
  14. Been using Nirvana for about 2 weeks now, and I feel that I’ve finally found a powerful yet simple to use GTD system.

I’ll be paying up! This is a product well worth supporting. Keep up the good work.

15. Adam on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 10:14 am
  16. I don’t use an Android phone, but doesn’t the mobile (web) version of Nirvana run on it? That’s what I use on my BlackBerry and it works/suits my needs just fine.

17. Simon on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 1:04 pm
  18. I’m another of the early, early adopters. I paid immediately.

19. Javier M on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 1:46 pm
  20. Adam, are you using Nirvana on your Blackberry? At the moment I haven’t been able to use it… Which URL do you access? Could you share your browser’s configuration? Thank you very much in advance!

21. lolmaus on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 2:30 pm
  22. I’ll pay the day i try the Android app.

23. Flokass on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 2:47 pm
  24. Same with me.

25. Alberto on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 4:01 pm
  26. What will happend if I dont get the plus option?

I will lose tasks?, I will lose active projects?, will I lose the areas?

27. Elbert on Wed, 22nd Aug 2012 5:06 pm
  28. Danilo on Thu, 23rd Aug 2012 8:04 am
  29. Paid, but still no Android App? Meh, not usable for me. As long as there’s no Android App that rocks, Wunderlist will do for me.

30. Andrew on Thu, 23rd Aug 2012 8:39 am
  31. Paid up.

Having tried dozens of web apps, mac apps, windows apps, iphone apps, paper apps …. this is “hands down” the best, most graceful GTD implementation

32. Sellaro on Fri, 24th Aug 2012 11:20 am
  33. I’d love to join. How can I pay with my American Express or PayPal?

34. Juan on Fri, 24th Aug 2012 12:37 pm
  35. Me too waiting for PayPal. Hope it’s up before end of month

36. Flokass on Fri, 24th Aug 2012 1:38 pm
  37. +1 for PayPal :D

38. Brook Davis on Fri, 24th Aug 2012 3:46 pm
  39. I’m a super-early adopter. I was on here way before it was even nirvanahq. So are you just going to delete everything if don’t pay up?

40. Flokass on Fri, 24th Aug 2012 4:50 pm
  41. Is there no ETA for the Android App?

42. Elbert on Sat, 25th Aug 2012 7:35 am
  43. @Brook Davis – No. Please read the details on this page over in Nirvana Support. http://support.nirvanahq.com/entries/21893833-nirvana-has-launched-what-early-adopters-need-to-know

44. indygreg71 on Tue, 28th Aug 2012 8:45 am
  45. I think it is reasonable for us to demand a date that an android app will be available (with some +/- of course) before you implement the deadline for early adopter price increase.

46. Stephen on Tue, 28th Aug 2012 9:14 am
  47. Hi, I am trying to pay but I am having a problem. I go to the web page https://account.nirvanahq.com/upgrade, choose the $29 per year option but then what do I do? There is no button/link to transact the rest of the process other than “Return to App” on the top right hand side. I select that and it takes me back to the dashboard. If I select “Nirvana Plus” again it takes me to the same page and radio button for either selection is blank once again. Am I missing something?

48. Stephen on Tue, 28th Aug 2012 9:25 am
  49. Refreshed the page a couple of times and up she popped!

50. Elbert on Tue, 28th Aug 2012 8:13 pm
  51. @indygreg71 – well I think “to demand” may be a bit strong, but “to know” is well within bounds. Best we can tell you is “in a few weeks.” But we can’t promise a concrete date. We believe that nirvana is worth $29 just for the web app, and the mobile apps (for free) are a valuable if not critical add on. Totally understand your position that mobile access (android in your case) is very important. We think nirvana is a good value at $39, so we hope the $10 difference isn’t a deal breaker. We were just trying to offer a thank you for early adopters, not create a situation where one might feel shafted for paying full price!

52. Stephen on Wed, 29th Aug 2012 2:14 am
  53. @Elbert, $39 per annum, let alone $29, plus an app is an absolute bargain! Thanks for giving us a time frame. Really appreciated. Looking forward to the app!

54. Stephen on Wed, 29th Aug 2012 5:30 pm
  55. Btw, where do we keep an eye on news for the Android app? Will the announcement be made here on the blog or somewhere else?

56. Elbert on Wed, 29th Aug 2012 10:40 pm
  57. @Stephen – we will make an announcement on the blog once we are closer to ship date. in the mean time, feel free to drop your name into the hat at

58. Stephen on Wed, 29th Aug 2012 11:22 pm
  59. Thanks @Elbert. I did already! I actually emailed about it months ago as I used to help the developer of Due Today quite extensively until he indicated he would not be implementing and auto next action function. That is how I found you guys. More than happy to help, break and give copious amounts of technical feedback!? And I am a paid up member now! Looking forward to it!

60. Alex Jones on Thu, 30th Aug 2012 4:15 am
  61. Any News on the Paypal Integration guys? Is it gonna be added before the 31st??

62. Elbert on Thu, 30th Aug 2012 5:23 pm
  63. Best guess – we’ll extend the $29 offer a few days for early adopter + paypal folks… It’s looking like we may get paypal up for tomorrow, but really, a 4 hour window doesn’t seem very fair.

64. Bruce Marriott on Fri, 31st Aug 2012 3:08 am
  65. @Elbert

Good re extension for Paypal. You do need it, but it is also appreciated as is the $29 offer (and its lock-in).

66. indygreg71 on Fri, 31st Aug 2012 10:45 am
  67. I signed up for the $29 in good faith. I like this product and where it is going. I hope an android app is close to a reality, but I will live until this.

I believe strongly in supporting good software and not just living on freeware, so I put my money where my mouth is.

68. Flokass on Mon, 3rd Sep 2012 2:10 pm
  69. Still no PayPal?

70. Dennis on Tue, 4th Sep 2012 2:57 am
  71. To all who say ‘I’ll pay when _____’, can I offer a little perspective? I’ve been with Nirvana as a free beta product for a long time. Early on I saw these guys really understood GTD and had the best CONCEPT of a tool out there. But, getting the concept in to action has indeed been a long process. Early on I theorized that Nirvana HQ wasn’t the developers’ only priority or income stream. This has been good and bad. The bad part is it has been painfully slow developing. But good from the perspective that they never gave up and have always progressed to where they promised. If you are holding out paying, let me encourage you to view the meager payment as a “kickstarter” investment into a proven product. Nirvana is the best GTD tool there is, and what they have promised, they will deliver.

72. Albert on Wed, 5th Sep 2012 3:12 am
  73. Any update on PayPal yet? My credit card charges a pretty big fee if I’m paying in a foreign currency, so I’d really love to pay via PayPal.

74. Juan on Wed, 5th Sep 2012 3:28 am
  75. Hi,
    Which is the situation with PayPal?
    Thanks

76. Keith Garrod on Thu, 6th Sep 2012 4:21 am
  77. +1 for Android app and Paypal

78. Alain Lesage on Thu, 6th Sep 2012 12:09 pm
  79. Came back from vacation just in time to get early-adopter discount. Yeah!

Great to see Nirvana out of beta. Long live Nirvana, the best of its class!

80. Bruce Marriott on Fri, 7th Sep 2012 1:49 am
  81. As we approach the end of the week I was just wondering when PayPal was now expected?

82. Bruce Marriott on Tue, 11th Sep 2012 2:54 am
  83. Things are drifting on – is there nothing to be said about the PayPal implementation position?

84. Lourens van Veelen on Tue, 11th Sep 2012 6:34 pm
  85. Also waiting for the paypal implementation…, want to pay but I can’t…, are you really starting up a BUSINESS or don’t you want to get PAID for your (excellent) efforts!

86. Albert on Thu, 13th Sep 2012 8:33 am
  87. …Hello?

88. Bruce Marriott on Sat, 15th Sep 2012 3:27 am
  89. PayPal is now setup – Hooray!

I’ve written up about my experience using it in the forum:

90. John Public on Wed, 19th Sep 2012 9:43 am
  91. I’ll be more than happy to come back to Nirvana when you guys get an Android app into beta.

I understand why you went iPhone first, but I’m not going to be spending anymore money in hopes that something may come to fruition.

Hope the iPhone launch is really successful for you!

92. David on Mon, 24th Sep 2012 9:38 am
  93. @Public – Our Android app is currently in Alpha with a limited number of customers working with us.

If you’d like to follow the progress, please visit our Forums – here is the link to the Mobile topics in general…

David