Nirvana for iPhone available on the AppStore

Nirvana is a GTD® task manager for Getting Things Done®.

Capturing thoughts whenever they occur and confidently drilling down to the thing you should be doing right now is at the heart of Nirvana — freeing your mind to be in the moment and focused on the task at hand.

This app is the mobile extension of the critically acclaimed, cloud-based Nirvanahq.com desktop app — the trusted system of thousands around the world, always in-sync, and now always with you.

appstore

Comments

47 Comments on Nirvana for iPhone available on the AppStore

1. Ram on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 2:43 am
  2. Finally!!! Just downloaded it on my iPhone 4.

It was definitely worth the wait. The app looks great (better than Things) and it brings the great UI on the web to the iPhone. Great job!

Some things which can be improved are:
    1. Notifications/Badges – Currently there are no notifications/Badges if the task is due/overdue
    2. Unable to show the due dates is relative days like on the web app.

3. Bruce Marriott on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 3:19 am
  4. Well done all – been a long haul.

Looks good on iPad! Look forward to Android version for phone!

5. ahmad on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 3:21 am
  6. Very Great, thanx for your efforts

time to really free our minds

7. Danger on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 3:39 am
  8. This is great guys, been waiting for this for a while!

The app is very slick, enjoying it already :)
    Great work!

9. Patrice on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 4:50 am
  10. Well done, guys!! Congratulations!

11. Mark Slater on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 5:26 am
  12. Fantastic – well worth the wait. Well Done!

13. Mark on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 6:14 am
  14. Why did I have the impression that despite there not being an iPad app that this would work on an iPad without the pixel doubling, I remember a post saying that it was an “easy win” to do it. Did I miss something? Look s great though! (at iPhone size)

15. Sellaro on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 6:35 am
  16. Excelent work and patience exercise to get through Apple’s process.

One thing I couldn’t understand, though: why not an universal app (for iPad and iPhone)? I think I’ve read here that it was easy (and already done) the preparation for a native execution on iPad without the need o fusing the 2x mode.

Ether way, Nice job, folks.

17. Danger on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 7:13 am
  18. I’m interested to know what the resolution was with apple with regards to email addresses?

19. Dave P. on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 8:02 am
  20. Great news. Love it so far, and look forward to it continuing to grow. I’ll gladly pay for your service when you’re ready to go that route. Congrats!

21. Jeff Waters on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 8:50 am
  22. Great job folks! I just tested it out on my iPad. Very similar to the mobile web app, but has the speed to actually be useful. I’m sold!

Except, er, um, I need it on… my… Android… :)

23. David Drake on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 9:43 am
  24. Congratulations, Nirvana team! All best wishes…

-David

25. Brett Michaels on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 9:54 am
  26. Great job!

27. OCNice on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 10:46 am
  28. Love it so far! Lightning fast!

29. Elbert on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 10:53 am
  30. @Mark – re: the iPad 2x thing… it came down to a decision to shoot for both a great iPhone app followed by a great iPad app, rather than a universal app that was great on iPhone but amateur-hour on iPad. Hang in there… the iPad app will be coming soon.

31. Elbert on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 10:58 am
  32. @Danger – getting through the App Review process was simply an exercise in patience and perseverance in the end. We didn’t have to revise a line of code — what we submitted was ultimately what went through. Pretty clear that there were multiple reviewers involved with a bit of broken telephone syndrome, having to re-explain our registration process and requirements each time ’round. In the end we had someone on the other end that understood and agreed that of course we need email address as a required field on a user account. You know how it goes… level one support, followed by “can I speak with your manager please.” But now it’s all good. :-)

33. Elbert on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 10:59 am
  34. @Ram – yes, and yes… as in, both of your issues are in the pipeline to be addressed.

35. MarcinGTD on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 11:54 am
  36. aaah kudos Nirvana team, KUDOS!

37. Phil on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 1:02 pm
  38. Congrats! I am waiting for the Android-version :)

39. BB on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 2:36 pm
  40. You have no idea how long I have waited for this app… and I’m so entirely, completely pleased! Great job on this amazing app! Hope the iPad turnaround will be quick!

41. Brett Michaels on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 3:28 pm
  42. The app is beautiful and worth the wait!!

43. Adam on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 5:30 pm
  44. Any chance the iPad app (or future updates to the iPhone app) could use the drag-and-drop interface that the web app uses?

45. Senthil Natarajan on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 6:27 pm
  46. Congratulations, Nirvana Team. Please get us started with Android app soon. Thanks.

47. Tony on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 7:18 pm
  48. Congrats, guys! And thanks!

[...] you are yet to decide on your productivity tool of choice I have some bad news for you! Nirvana have finally released their iPhone app for there excellent GTD/Todo [...]

49. MAPJr on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 9:14 pm
  50. Great job! Works well enough on iPad and look forward to the true iPad app. Having this app puts an end to my exploring options!

51. Pato Larrain on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 10:31 pm
  52. Al fin!!
    Buen trabajo y mucha suerte con las descargas.

53. joebot on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 10:36 pm
  54. I have been refreshing the App Store search for “Nirvana” for weeks…it was in the “search field” every time I opened the app. And when I saw that the list had gone from “19 more” apps with Nirvana to “20″. I knew it was going to be a good day!

Congratulations to all who worked on this! In the few hours I have had it, it really seems awesome!

I have been putting off doing any tasks for a month, while I waited for this. So, now I can finally use this to be productive.

Now, I better go pay my 24-day late rent!!!

55. nadra on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 9:39 am
  56. Fabulous app! Congrats! Now when can I start paying you guys?

57. Michael on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 11:07 am
  58. Awesome job! I have also been obsessively checking this blog every day looking for updates. The App works great – very pleased!

59. Pete on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 1:32 pm
  60. Great step in mobility. I hope you make it for the iPad too.
    Thanks.

61. Ken on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 1:43 pm
  62. Thanks N Team for not only a wonderful GTD system / apps and support group; but for putting up with us loyal and impatient task freaks!

63. Martin on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 3:11 pm
  64. Could you at least adjust the web version for IE on windows phone?

65. Proximo on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 4:17 pm
  66. Congratulations Nirvana Team. One more milestone down.

67. radarpi on Wed, 25th Jul 2012 9:24 pm
  68. Another thing to improve: quotivations are too fast I can hardly read them completely! I would like to have time to read them at least twice and to think abou it’s meaning.

Awesome app! Thanks again!

69. Jake on Thu, 26th Jul 2012 5:38 am
  70. What is my username?!? I don’t have one from what I can tell. I log into the web app using my email address but that doesn’t work for the iPhone app. I can’t fine my username listed anywhere. Haven gone crazy?

71. David on Thu, 26th Jul 2012 10:31 am
  72. @Jake – I would think you might want to use support to ask that kind of question. I can help you there.

David

73. Harv on Fri, 27th Jul 2012 10:06 am
  74. Congrats guys!

I’ve had an account for a while but didn’t want to start using Nirvana until there was a true mobile app. Like many here, I went through tonnes of other “gtd” apps.

This looks very promising.

75. George on Sat, 28th Jul 2012 12:18 pm
  76. Nice work (I guess) since I have an android I wouldn’t know. I’m still rooting for Nirvana!
    Any predictions on how much longer before an android app shows up?
    Is it in development?
    Just wondering.

77. David on Mon, 30th Jul 2012 10:00 am
  78. @George – it’s getting there, not going to predict any dates.

You might want to follow along on the forums, in general at: forums.nirvanahq.com
    - and specifically you’ll notice a call for Android ALPHA testers (yes, it could get bloody).
    forums.nirvanahq.com/discussion/85/android-alpha-testers

Most people will want to wait, at least for the beta :-)

David

79. Loren Ransom on Fri, 3rd Aug 2012 10:30 am
  80. This app is great. So functional and stable. I have been testing Wunderkit, but there website and app, while more pretty, aren’t as near as stable. Your app’s and website’s reliability wins the day!

81. Rebecca on Mon, 6th Aug 2012 1:41 pm
  82. The app is great! Thanks for all your hard work. It’s so fast and very usable. I use it on both the iPhone and iPad and it works great. I don’t mind the pixel doubling it just makes things easier to read for me.

83. drdavies on Tue, 14th Aug 2012 12:11 pm
  84. Is there a search function on the app? Can’t seem to find it if there is.

85. Elbert on Tue, 14th Aug 2012 2:02 pm
  86. @drdavies – re: search, not yet.
    mitch is working on it for future release.

87. Jax on Wed, 15th Aug 2012 4:52 pm
  88. :) happy to see the project is moving to mobile.
    Looking forward for Android version though :( pls pls pls
    Any timescale?

89. David on Wed, 15th Aug 2012 6:37 pm
  90. @Jax – Not going to mention a time, but you’re welcome to follow the progress at:

@meeech is working with a small group of Alpha Android testers now.

91. Nemek on Thu, 16th Aug 2012 8:41 am
  92. Bad news. It requires ios5 – it means that iphone3g is not supported (ios 4.2).
    I’m dissapointed – I was waiting so long.
    It means that Remember The Milk is only option.