N2 Builds 389 / 390 – Links to Evernote and New Fonts

N2 Build 389 brings some minor but nifty additions.

• Links to evernote:// within task notes are now clickable
  • Added some more font choices (calibri, tahoma, verdana…)
Screen shot 2012-01-24 at 6.12.10 PM

how to

N2 Build 390 fixes a bug that was introduced in Build 389 where changes made on one device was not being reflected in the UI of other devices.  Changes were being posted to the cloud just fine, but we’d botched the timestamp persistence in the local cache so changes from the cloud were sometimes being ignored.

NOTE: you must logout and then login for the Build 390 fix to take effect.  (Local cache gets cleared on logout, and then rebuilt on login.)

QUICK FIX: N2 Build 391 fixes a rare edge case where a repeating task could yield spawned tasks named (untitled) on save … also related to timestampage that we missed in build 390.

Comments

10 Comments on N2 Builds 389 / 390 – Links to Evernote and New Fonts

1. David Drake on Tue, 24th Jan 2012 7:18 pm
  2. Wonderful — thanks so much for the great 389 update AND the bug fix in 390!

3. Pavel Druzyak on Tue, 24th Jan 2012 7:25 pm
  4. What about links in mobile version? When I click on note there it just opens to edit. :(

5. Elbert on Tue, 24th Jan 2012 7:46 pm
  6. @pavel… good point. we haven’t been investing much in the mobile web app as native apps will make it irrelevant. will have a look to see if perhaps it’s a quick fix to make mobile task note links clickable.

7. alexandremrj on Wed, 25th Jan 2012 3:41 am
  8. The mobile website is a bit important for some. I have a wp7 and i know i wont have an app

9. Elbert on Wed, 25th Jan 2012 7:06 am
  10. @alexandremrj – glad to hear you use the mobile web app. we mostly hear complaints about it, so have been focusing resources on native apps. i’ve always pushed the argument that having a web app is important for the non iOS/Android market. thanks for posting.

11. alexandremrj on Wed, 25th Jan 2012 12:54 pm
  12. @Elbert – if the mobile website can be improved? Yes, of course. In my mobile I see it too wide and, because of that, with the fonts too small to see (which means I have to zoom in).

But for me the mobile is very important due to the fact that is a requirement for a todo list, simple as that.
    Don’t forget all the Blackberrys, WP7 and Nokias out there

13. Sean on Mon, 30th Jan 2012 5:56 pm
  14. I’ve been playing with the evernote links and they work well, but launch a new blank tab in my browser every time I click on a link. Is this due to my browser config or is this a Nirvana app behaviour?

15. christina on Thu, 2nd Feb 2012 12:43 am
  16. I’m excited about the work that’s going into the web version, it’s great. But I would second the idea not to forget the mobile web app! :)
    I have a Blackberry and the mobile web app is indispensable. Although I’ve noticed it’s been a bit slow lately…

17. Alain Lesage on Thu, 9th Feb 2012 11:36 am
  18. Thanks for this update. The Evernoote feature will be helpful.

Sean: I believe opening the blank tab is a browser behavior and I am not sure Nirvana can do anything about it.

19. Josema on Thu, 23rd Feb 2012 7:06 am
  20. Guys, now that you’re at it, why don’t you add “message://” links support, too?