N2 Build 379 – New Themes / Collapsible Lists

Happy New Year Everyone!  (it’s not too late to say that right?)

It’s a new year and we’ve been having a blast in Nirvana land.  There’s a lot less noise from the agency side of the house (the holiday workload was intense, but wildly successful for our clients and for us), Mitch flew down to sunny Buenos Aires last week, Elbert and Romina will join him soon to escape the brutal winter (forecast says -30 tomorrow, yikes), David’s hanging out in Mexico as usual… iOS and Android apps are on the horizon, looking to remove the beta moniker soon, and the sunsetting of N1 (take 2) will be grounds for a serious party. Life is good.

So about that build that went out a few moments ago.  The blog title pretty much says it all, but do read the release notes if you want more details re: some of the other important though perhaps less sexy tweaks/fixes.

Screen shot 2012-01-13 at 6.02.18 PM

As always, feel free to join the party over in the forums.  A lot of great discussions, suggestions, tips and tricks.

P.S. We know that there are many people waiting in the queue for access to N2. We’re working as fast as we can to open our doors en masse. Shouldn’t be much longer.

Comments

15 Comments on N2 Build 379 – New Themes / Collapsible Lists

1. Elbert on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 7:15 pm
  2. Forgot to mention, for those of you who are still dealing with the issue where you have to click “bring items into focus” we are close to a resolution. It’s a memory overrun in one of the server-side worker scripts, and we’re trying to fix it proper, rather than just boost the memory allocation.

3. Josh on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 7:16 pm
  4. That’s good to hear about the Android and iPhone apps… any more news on that – timelines, etc.?

5. David Drake on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 7:17 pm
  6. Very nice, Elbert and gang! I really love the new wood background!!

7. Phil on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 7:19 pm
  8. Nice update, especially the movement toward allowing more customization of the user interface with themes.

What is “Collapsible groups?”

9. Proximo on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 8:13 pm
  10. Way to go Nirvana team. I am now a Sumi lover with the Optima font.

Not sure what “Collapsible groups” are but I am sure they rock.

lol

11. David on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 8:28 pm
  12. Basically a show/hide toggle on a ‘group’ — a group being a task state, project name, etc. – depending on the view you’re in — Click on the name/title to toggle

Collapsible Groups

13. Ceci on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 8:37 pm
  14. I just wanted to say I LOVE Nirvana. Keep up the good work guys!!

15. Sam on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 9:26 pm
  16. Oh man. I just recently picked up Nirvana again and have been loving it, but I’m stuck in N1. I feel a bit excluded when everyone talks about how much they love the new beta. To be honest, I get a bit annoyed being told the upgrade will happen “soon” over and over again.

17. Don on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 11:18 pm
  18. Would you please elaborate more on what “Collapsible Groups” means? I still don’t get it. Thanks.

19. Don on Fri, 13th Jan 2012 11:19 pm
  20. Never mind. Now I get it.

21. Elbert on Sat, 14th Jan 2012 8:16 am
  22. (Renamed the blog post title with the phrase collapsible Lists rather than collapsible Groups…will hopefully reduce some confusion.)

23. alistair on Sat, 14th Jan 2012 9:55 am
  24. Yes yes yes!

@Proximo … Also rocking with Sumi Theme and Optima, pleasing to the eye.

In my mind, anything that’s pleasing to the eye really helps me knuckle down and get on with things.

25. Bruce Marriott on Mon, 16th Jan 2012 4:33 am
  26. I really hate to be a wimp but can somebody very, very, carefully explain what Collapsible Lists (nee Collapsible Groups) are and how they work.

There are 2 images in this post and neither, to me eye, helpfully elaborates – though I’m not sure if they were meant to or not!

So I’m thinking how do I select the list/group and where then would I find the list of what I can do with the list/group etc. Sorry.

27. Chris Webb on Mon, 16th Jan 2012 8:25 am
  28. Hi Bruce,

Try this – Go to your ‘Next’ list (select ‘Next in the left hand navi) and now in the main section of the screen click on ‘Next’ (just above all your tasks) and then the the actions will become ‘hidden’ with an indicator as to how many tasks have been collapsed.

Does this help?

Cheers,
    Chris

29. James on Mon, 16th Jan 2012 1:21 pm
  30. Love the new collapsible lists. Nice job guys.

Thanks!