Quick Fix: dragging from Inbox to Next (desktop) was not honoring preference to assign to selected area… now it is.
Quick rollout to restore ability to hide the Rapid Entry text field via account settings. The Nirvana ninjas will probably prefer hotkey “e” to toggle show/hide.
… saves a little bit of space on a small screen, eh?
Build 326 is now live. Reload them browsers!
From the Release Notes: 2011-October-24 (build 326)
- Rapid Entry field moved into main task window, rather than being a separate panel at the bottom
- Area filtering menu has been moved to top navi to better indicate global nature
- Search now limits to selected Area
- Logbook now shows completed items from selected Area only
- Focus has been moved to provide better visual grouping of GTD lists, resulting in a more natural GTD workflow (inbox –> next / waiting / scheduled / someday)
- Scheduling / Rescheduling tasks and projects now automatically removes them from Focus (un-star) until the new start date arrives
- When filing items from Inbox to other lists, there is a new preference setting to enable/disable automatic assignment to the globally selected Area
- When marking a project completed, any incompelte tasks remaining in the project are also marked completed (rather than cancelled)
- Inactive Project tasks do not show the “focus star” icon. This is to alleviate confusion as inactive project tasks are supressed from Focus anyway. This goes for Scheduled and Someday projects as well.
- Tasks can no longer be removed from Focus if they are due
- Hotkeys: numeric keys 1-9 have been remapped to reflect new list order in left navi
- Hotkeys: comma for prefs, “g” for Tag Library, “r” for Refresh (formerly sync)
- Added “Email this” to tasks, ala N1
- Less translucence and better buttons for all dialogs and prompts
- When creating new tasks inline, Nirvana does a better job of scrolling up/down to ensure that the task edit panel is within view
- Visual indication in main task area when showing an Area-filtered subset of tasks
- Visual indication in left navi when new build is available
- Getting Started and What’s New section added to Account menu (top right)
- Expanded notes are collapsed on completion
- Updated Login screen
- Fixed a bug where creating a new task within a project within the context of an Area would result in double tagging of Area
- Fixed a bug where renaming a tag with double quotes would sometimes fail
- Fixed a bug where editing tags would sometimes fail to repaint the screen to reflect the change
- Fixed a bug where hitting Enter when prompted for a Waiting For contact no longer fails to catch
- Fixed a bug where a task might not be immediately saved to the cloud (though it was always being picked up during the regular sync interval)
- Fixed a bug where repeating task preview of “next dates” would sometimes not being repainted on screen
- Fixed a bug where reordering projects in the main view would cause the left navi tag cloud area to jump around
- Fixed a bug where converting a task into a project via drag/drop onto projects was not honoring sequential/parallels user pref
- Repeating tasks are now timestamped to the “effective” creation date, which should reduce side-effects when merging spawned tasks from multiple devices
- Minor css / layout tweaks for better consistency between browsers / os
- Compatibility fix to work on iOS5 Safari
- Optimizations to reduce the need for ajax connection retries
- Last update from server is displayed on Home screen (date/time)
- Visual indication on Home screen when new build is available
- Updated Login screen