… try try again.
We made a Herculean effort to get things rolling over the weekend, but no dice. A few too many loose ends. I want everyone to regroup and tighten things up.
Looking for the silver lining, a truck-load of bugs were squashed and there was much server-side cleanup. We’ll probably roll another build or two to prove out the code changes, but in the mean time the beta label stays put.
It’s frustrating, but prudent.
Starting this Friday we will begin migrating everyone to the new Nirvana.
If you haven’t seen the new Nirvana in action (affectionately named N2 by our beloved community) you’re in for a treat.
Some N2 highlights:
- A much polished and faster-than-ever user interface
- Work without interruption even with an intermittent or no internet connection at all
- New options for viewing Next and Focus (the list formerly known as Today)
- Projects can be made Parallel or Sequential
- Recurring Tasks, Recurring Tasks…
… and much more.
Here’s what you can expect when you log in
- You’ll be asked to accept our Terms of Service – the standard legalese
- For most everyone that’s all there is to it. Your data will be instantly transferred to the new Nirvana and you’ll be back to getting things done.
- If you tried N2 during our pre-release-early-preview phase you will be asked whether you’d like to continue with your existing N1 or N2 data.
Nirvana will remain a free service for a few more weeks. After that we will be introducing a 2 tier plan structure: Plus and Basic.
The Plus plan will include all of the features we currently offer, priced at $7 per month or $59 per year for new signups. But here’s the great news: for everyone who’s been part of our beta program we’ll be offering the Plus plan for $5 per month or $49 per year. Awesome sauce.
The Basic plan will be Free, but will restrict you to 2 active projects, 2 weeks of logbook history, and the global Area filtering menu in the left navi will be disabled. Area filtering will still be available via the tag filtering bar in the top navi, however. Not bad for a freebie.
We are considering Team plans for folks who want to signup a group of users at a discount, but this will come a little later.
So what’s the deal with native mobile apps?
We are still a few weeks away from releasing the iOS version, and probably a few weeks more for Android. They will be available in the AppStore and Marketplace for the low low price of $0.00, otherwise known as Free. :-) Can’t beat that, right?
More Features to Come
We’ve received a ton of great feedback, and we are actively working to incorporate many of your feature suggestions. If Nirvana has made a positive impact on your life please consider supporting us by opting for the Plus plan. The more people who go Plus the more resources we will be able to devote towards future enhancements.
We’ve said it before, but we’ll say it again. Thank you for helping make Nirvana such an amazing product. Onwards!