N2 Build 279 Refinements

N2 build 279 has been pushed to production.

Highlights:

• Native support for Internet Explorer 9
  • Right-click to modify selected items in one shot
  • Tag Management UI cleanup
  • Bug fixes surrounding Unified Next List and Waiting For contact assignment
multi-select-right-click

multi-select-right-click

revamped tag library

revamped tag library

For more details on improvements and bug fixes, our complete release notes are here:

Comments

12 Comments on N2 Build 279 Refinements

1. Gintaras Slavinskas on Wed, 17th Aug 2011 11:48 am
  2. Nice improvements. I’m trying these new features with IE9 browser without Chrome Frame and let me say that the experience is really awesome.

3. Joe on Thu, 18th Aug 2011 5:38 am
  4. Very happy about the right-click menu for multiple items, was definately needed!

5. Rodger D. Moran on Sat, 20th Aug 2011 10:25 am
  6. I like the energy choices. But the Areas???? Seems like an superfluous demarcation. Don’t the context labels pretty much define areas like family, business, etc? Don’t complicate it. I realize that it not required to have an area. But for those who are already OCD about this thing, let’s take them into account and not have “one more thing” to categorize. You will have to admit that an area designation is extra-GTD, not really part of the original concept, and in my opinion, a dilution of the already sleek concepts that are necessary to have “mind like water”. Give me your feedback. I would like to hear your response.

7. Rodger D. Moran on Sat, 20th Aug 2011 10:35 am
  8. I love what you guys are doing. But……..
    In order for me to dump the NetCentrics Outlook Add-in, Nirvanna would have to add a time specific date (appointment calendar) AND a way to take my Gmail into your system (IMAP)and apply the GTD concepts to each email. Is that on the back burner any time (2012, 2103)?

9. Tonyflip on Sat, 20th Aug 2011 3:00 pm
  10. What about email ticklers???

11. Rodger D. Moran on Sun, 21st Aug 2011 3:23 pm
  12. Hi Tonyflip, Would you explain email ticklers? Is your comment for Nirvana or for me. I don’t know until I know exactly what email ticklers are or how they might be used in Nirvana.

13. Rodger D. Moran on Sun, 21st Aug 2011 7:37 pm
  14. I think I saw what Tonflip was referring to regarding email ticklers. I do not want a tickler; instead I like the netcentric concept of processing emails into actions such as delegate, defer, action (specific to calendar) or action (non-calendared). Also, a Someday button or reference are other choices. The subsequent popup screen allows you to indicate the context, project and subproject. This add-in does NOT have the energy level or sub-reference to parallel or sequential projects. Sure wish I had the best of both of these products.

15. AJ on Sat, 27th Aug 2011 4:58 pm
  16. @Rodger – I feel like you’re asking way too much of the team.

As for ‘email ticklers’ – they are just daily emails that tell you what is due that day.

17. Nick on Mon, 29th Aug 2011 8:33 am
  18. Hi!

Would be so kind being explaining when do you plan to run Nirvana’s API?

19. Erika on Mon, 29th Aug 2011 12:01 pm
  20. Just wondering how the iPad app is coming along. Love nirvanahq on my mac, but am missing its usefulness on my ipad! Keep up the good work :)

21. Rodger D. Moran on Fri, 2nd Sep 2011 2:30 pm
  22. @AJ – Tell me more…Check out eProductivity and see what they have done. No small players should claim they have the GTD concept unless they can incorporate the largest source of their inbasket. But I am willing to hear other viewpoints.

23. Hans on Thu, 8th Sep 2011 4:40 am