N2 Build 267 – Tag Cloud and more
New N2 build 267 has been pushed live! (refresh as necessary)
Biggest new feature is the Tag Cloud. Want to see everything tagged across your entire account or selected area? The Tag Cloud is your new best friend. It works similar to any other GTD state list (inbox/next/someday) in that you click in the left navi, and tasks appear to the right. From there you can drill down via the context filtering bar at the top.
A nice UI improvement that came out of this is that new tasks and projects can now be created via a popup dialog, rather than inline if you so choose. Use the hot key ‘t’ to create a new task, ‘p’ to create a new project. The old hot key ‘n’ has a bit more magic behind it now… new tasks and projects are created inline where it makes sense, but a popup dialog is used in places where it doesn’t (such as in search results or tag cloud selection).
Here’s a snippet from the Build 267 release notes:
New Features and Improvements:
- Tag Cloud
- Relative Due Dates (due tomorrow, 3 days late)
- New Task / Project dialogs as popup (hot keys ‘t’ and ‘p’ respectively)
- Clicking Cancel when creating a new task no longer leaves a dangling task
- Clicking Cancel when creating a new project no longer leaves a dangling project
- Account Setting to create New Projects as either parallel or sequential by default
- Firefox now does the html5 cache manifest thing to allow working offline
- and more …
There’s a lot of code cleanup we’d been putting off for months that we finally decided to face (rather the tip-toe around). There’s still work to be done, but this feels like a major milestone.
For more details on improvements and bug fixes, our complete release notes are here: