N2 Build 221 – Sequential Projects & UNL
Cue (or queue) the singing angels… we have a Unified Next List. (hooooooooooooo) N2 Build 221 brings with it the ability to filter out everything but true next actions in the global Next view.
Switching your Next View Options to Unified List now displays:
- all standalone next actions
- all next actions from projects marked as parallel
- only the top-most next action from projects marked as sequential
All you need to do is tell Nirvana whether your projects are parallel or sequential in nature. Here’s what we mean:
- Parallel means tasks can be tackled in any order, or at the same time
- Project View: tasks are separated by state (next/waiting/scheduled…)
- Next View: all next items appear
- Sequential means tasks should be done in sequence, e.g. task A must be accomplished before proceeding to task B
- Project View: tasks are consolidated into one sortable list (except for someday)
- Next View: only the top most next item is included
Project behavior can be modified via the full project edit view, or by right-clicking on a project in the left navi or main Projects listing.
We’ve been playing with this for about a week and it’s already made a huge difference in providing clarity and reducing clutter. We hope you like.