N2 Build 215 – Mobile Improvements

N2 build 215 was pushed to production moments ago. The most notable improvements appear in the mobile web app, including list filtering by time, energy, due items and tags. You can also adjust view settings for your focus and next lists, task counts, and (finally) collect completed items to the logbook. We’ve also reduced the logbook history to 2 weeks, mainly to reduce the rendering CPU burden on lower-powered mobile devices.  The logbook when accessed via the desktop browser version remains as it was.

On the desktop side we’ve fixed a number of bugs, most notably the “waiting-for” that would cancel out task editing when trying to assign a contact.  We’ve also restored underlying theming capabilities to bring back the N1 look and feel as an option.

Detailed release notes will be posted soon.

Comments

8 Comments on N2 Build 215 – Mobile Improvements

1. JP on Mon, 9th May 2011 5:20 am
  2. You guys realy rock! I can now consult Nirvana my @shop tag when I’m at the shopping mall. And ofcource do my calls from my @mobile list.
    Thank you so much!

3. DC on Mon, 9th May 2011 12:40 pm
  4. It looks great. Thanks!

5. Dave H on Mon, 9th May 2011 1:06 pm
  6. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between remember the milk, nozbe, and nirvana. Your mobile web is a lot better than nozbe’s beta android app. Rtm’s android app is near perfect, but lacks gtd methodology. So nirvana is the choice for me. I know you don’t like timelines, but any idea for when your android app will be released? Thanks for the mobile web update. It works great.

7. me on Mon, 9th May 2011 3:24 pm
  8. Thank you. I’m delighted to see that development on this project continues. I actually look forward to becoming a paying subscriber so I can help support Nirvana. Y’all rock!

9. Shawn Fumo on Mon, 9th May 2011 7:08 pm
  10. Thanks! I use the mobile version a lot, and this helps most of my pain points.

11. AJS on Mon, 9th May 2011 9:07 pm
  12. This is great and it certainly makes Nirvana a viable option. I hope you will still pursue a native app option though, as

a) I like the widget option
    b) web app mobile solutions still tend to be a lot more temperamental than native apps.

13. Victor Hooi on Tue, 10th May 2011 11:49 pm
  14. heya,

Drat, hmm, it seems text editing on Android Browser is still broken =(.

Basically, if you try to edit a large text area on the mobile version under Android (I’m on 2.3.4), it causes the screen to jump up and down, and hide the text area, so that you’re typing blind. Quite annoying.

Have other people on Android seen this, when editing textareas on Nirvana mobile

Cheers,