Still working at it…
A quick post to keep folks abreast of N2 and recurring tasks…
First: hats off to all those who have ever had to tackle this problem. It’s a lot harder than it looks. We keep getting close to the finish line and then find some edge case where our “next date” calculations break down.
Second: another humble bow before those who actually managed to create an interface that didn’t confuse the heck out of non-programmers.
Third: a few days ago we went back to the drawing board to simplify our recurring engine, and it looks like we may finally have a winner. Just finished merging this into trunk and are refactoring surrounding code that leverages it to see if this one passes mustard. Still need to do some heavy testing to ensure we’ve got this one in the bag.
We’re making an exception to our rule about not working on weekends to keep the momentum going.