N2 Build 140
It’s been a bumpy ride, but we’re finally back on track! Nirvana has been migrated to new, beefier servers — a bit sooner than we were planning for. But now that it’s done we have room to breathe. With the boost in capacity we feel comfortable letting in all of the folks who have been stuck in the beta invite queue for weeks (thanks for being patient).
We lost a few days of development time, thanks to the emergency migration. But hey, we actually pushed a release out a day early (build 136) once we realized that we were pretty much spent on energy for the week, given the unexpected all-nighters we were pulling to stabilize our infrastructure.
So what actually went live this week?
New and Improved Rapid Entry
- rapid entry text field now accepts #tag notation for adding contexts inline
- for example: finish this to do #work
- or maybe: finish this too while you’re at it #personal #due next friday
- or even this: clean out the attic #project #star
- more to come
Desktop Browser UI Annoyances Fixed
- clicking on “focus” star icon when editing a task no longer cancels out
- project due / scheduled dates are now properly captured when editing via project view
- rapid entry textfield no longer “freaks out” under certain conditions (chrome 9 specific)
- new pretty inbox icon (this one’s for you @Slith_hideout)
- some css niceties here and there
- recurring tasks engine (for unit testing in production)
- parallel vs sequential tasks (ditto)
Looking forward to relaxing a bit this weekend, and then attacking our list of new features for the next release first thing on Monday. Thanks everyone for sticking with us.