25,000 and a hockey stick

August is turning out to be a big month here in Nirvana land.  In case you missed it, we were featured in a number of a great articles, including this one at Lifehacker and an in-depth interview over at SoftCity.

And much to our amazement, we now have over 25,000 beta users!  It took us 9 months to reach our first 10,000 users.  3 months after that we were at 20,000.  And it’s looking like we’ll pass 30,000 users in just a few weeks.  Not a bad growth curve.  We’re very excited about this.

Also, the dev team has been working hard on the next major release of Nirvana, which takes full advantage of html5 features to bring you true offline capabilities… no more being tied to an internet connection to get at your to-dos.  Use your laptop on a plane or your phone in the subway… Nirvana will automatically sync up the next time it detects a connection.  Pretty sweet.  It’s working well in-house, but still needs a few weeks of bullet-proofing before we release it into the wild.  Can’t wait!

There’s a lot more going on, but we’ll save that for the next post.  :-)

Have a great weekend everybody.

Comments

9 Comments on 25,000 and a hockey stick

1. Proximo on Fri, 27th Aug 2010 9:28 am
  2. Congratulations Nirvana Team.

Word of mouth is amazing and many of us are talking about Nirvana to a lot of people because it’s such a great Web App.

Keep it up. I can see the Beta sticker coming off soon.

[...] Update 2010-08-27: Eine Offline-Funktion auf Basis von HTML 5 ist bereits in Arbeit. [...]

3. cj on Fri, 27th Aug 2010 12:09 pm
  4. Wow, I’m super pumped about this and I hope the other 30,000 are too. Can’t wait to have this on my iPhone, just in time for a my last semester in college hopefully.

5. Justin on Fri, 27th Aug 2010 3:20 pm
  6. Can’t wait for the next update! Nirvana is definitely the best Task Manager out there.

7. William on Mon, 30th Aug 2010 7:11 am
  8. At this rate you’ll be at 50,000 by about… tomorrow morning! Are you considering any referrer incentives? Or avoiding that to manage growth :)

It’s definitely a nice solution that I’m happily recommending, and I’m keen to see what the coming releases bring to an already cool tool.

9. Yash on Wed, 1st Sep 2010 7:02 pm
  10. This is great news! I wish the Nirvana team lots of success.

Is there an estimated release date for the next major release?

Thank you for this app and keep up the good job!

11. Wojtha on Thu, 2nd Sep 2010 6:59 am
  12. Congrats guys!

I have had loooong vacation and after I returned to work several days ago I can’t believe how Nirvana changed. The “effort” or presupposed “time” is a nice optional features and do not disturb when you don’t want using it – I really like the way, how you designing this app.

I’m webdeveloper and occasionally I do also webdesign. I know that smart design is a mighty tool making complex things simple. (Example of totally underestimated design is e.g. the Toodledoo: It allows almost anything what you can imagine, but using it is a pain… You are flooded with hundreds of numbers, priorities and other features, which you actually don’t need for everyday use.) And you guys are designing this app really well! I cant imagine better UI :-)

Keep up in your hard work! Good luck!

13. Richard Bashara on Fri, 3rd Sep 2010 12:47 pm
  14. Congrats Team Nirvana! We had a great time interviewing you and good job on the subscribers!

15. inque on Thu, 16th Sep 2010 3:28 am
  16. Thank you a lot for your application, guys!