Introducing our first Nirvana Community Rock Star

We are delighted to announce our very first Nirvana Community Rock Star! Please give a big round of applause for Proximo (aka Damian Castillo).

On his own accord, Proximo has dedicated umpteen hours of his personal time to assist fellow community members—answering questions, posting tips about GTD, creating screen-casts on how he uses Nirvana—and many of his suggestions for feature improvements have already found their way into the live site. He’s been an avid supporter of Nirvana from the get go and has been like another member of the Nirvana Support Crew (often beating us to the punch at answering people’s questions!). We thought it important to acknowledge his past, and his continuing, efforts to support us and the Community as a whole.

A former US Army Soldier, a Computer Aided Design (CAD) admin manager and a family man, we aren’t surprised that he’s disciplined in keeping himself organized and getting things done. We asked Proximo about his search for the ultimate solution to keep organized:

Life can pull at you from many different directions and demands many things from you. GTD showed me how to capture all my commitments, focus clearly, view things from many angles and allow me to make trusted choices at any moment to achieve productivity in a relaxed way.

Although I implemented GTD into my life, I was always struggling with finding a good system I could rely on that would also be easy to use. I tried a bunch of desktop software and on-line services but never found something that was simple, functional that also implemented GTD correctly.

Then I found Nirvana and my search was over.

We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.

To read Proximo’s posts, click: http://help.nirvanahq.com/users/136135
Follow him on Twitter here: @DamianCastillo

Comments

7 Comments on Introducing our first Nirvana Community Rock Star

1. Proximo on Mon, 10th May 2010 11:52 pm
  2. I will sing autographs on request. They will need to go in my Next list like anything else…. :-)

Seriously, I want to say thanks to the Nirvana team and users. It’s fun sharing ideas and helping each other in such a great community.

I will do my best to continue helping where I can.

Thanks

3. Terminado on Tue, 11th May 2010 12:04 am
  4. I want to be the first to congratulate Proximo for getting a star on the Nirvana Walk of Fame!

He has been a great help to all of us on the Nirvana forum, and elsewhere. More than anything, he has inspired me to keep it simple in my quest for a “mind like water.”

I have watched his videos repeatedly and they have taught me not just about GTD but also about the importance of contribution. They say the teacher learns more than the student and that means Proximo must be a very learned man.

I must warn everyone, however–do not laugh at his jokes–you will only encourage him!

Congratulations, Proximo, and thanks for all you do.

Terminado

5. Firas on Tue, 11th May 2010 12:02 pm
  6. Congratulation Proximo on being the first Nirvanan Community Rock Star.

All the best.
    Firas

7. David on Tue, 11th May 2010 6:40 pm
  8. Yay – go Proximo!!!

9. Glenn on Wed, 12th May 2010 5:11 pm
  10. Hmm … that’s not fair. Now I see that the military background gives him an unfair advantage and helps explain how and why he can be so disciplined.

Proximo, congratulations for the recognition for everything you do! I’m grateful for your help and will someday get my IN to zero!

11. mattilacken on Fri, 14th May 2010 4:32 am
  12. Hi!
    Quote “I have watched his videos repeatedly and they have taught me not just about GTD but also about the importance of contribution.”

Where can I find these videos?

13. Terminado on Fri, 14th May 2010 8:04 pm
  14. @mattilacken, to see Proximo’s videos, just read through his posts (http://help.nirvanahq.com/users/136135); you’ll see links to videos posted at screencast and youtube.